Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Woman's Book Denied Distribution Because of Nipple Photo

The Paypal ban is obviously not limited to just sexually extreme taboo subjects. This from author Tess Harding. Please pass this on:

I ought to laugh but I’m not sure I can…

I recently made a few changes to the text of Ali’s Art. I uploaded these to Kindle and also to Smashwords last weekend so the updated version was available for the read an eBook week.
I have now just received an email from Smashwords saying the book cannot be included in the extended distribution channel because it needs changing. The change they require is:
Please obscure/cover over the woman’s nipple and areola in the photo inside the front of your book. When you’re finished correcting your book, go to Dashboard: ‘upload new version’ to upload the new version. Thanks.
Here’s the image.
It seems the move by PayPal and the Credit Card companies is spreading it’s wings even wider. Now I can’t have a drawing of a woman who displays her nipples inside my book. This isn’t on the cover, it’s an interior image!
Scary, scary times for writers of erotica.


No comments:

Post a Comment